Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's been so long...

I can't believe it's been so long since I've blogged! We are almost approaching a year now and it's not like nothing has happened.

Life is still good and honestly, I'm just trying to soak in every moment in everyday day that I could. As of right now, I'm the coolest person in my son's eyes and I know that this will not be the case in the future when he becomes a teen. So I am taking it all in. I watch my son play and he still mesmerizes me with his beautiful imagination and the innocence that all a child is. I still want the world for him, i want to give him everything that I've always wanted with out spending a dime. I love the fact that he dances to music, sings loudly out of the blue and smiles just because he can.

I thank God everyday for my family and the goodness that it gives my heart. My family makes me want to be a better person. They have showed me that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, they have showed me that we live in a realistic but happy place. Our home is a happy one and we all look forward to coming home. Isn't that the goal in life (or at least one of the goals). Life is good and if I could press the Pause button on any part of my life, it would be now. I truly mean that....right now, I would hit that button.

Our son will be 3 next month. It's not as emotional as when he turned 2 but it does allow me to reflect on the year that has flown by since his last birthday. All I could say is....it's been a good year. I could only pray for more good years to come like this past one.

Now, my day will start. Everyone is still sleeping but soon i will hear the doors of the bedrooms open. My husband will come downstairs and gather his things for work. My son will stand at the top of the stairs and say "Mommy, You dare" in his little voice and my precious day starts. Another day to soak in, another day to remember and mostly, more memories.....for that is what it's about. Love your life!

No comments: