Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Outside World


Anyone who has spoken to me for one minute gets the same song and dance about how I can’t wait to take Joey out for a stroll. Going for strolls in the mall was getting old. It’s been so cold here however we did get a little break for an entire 2 days!! Yep…we went outside. I took Joey for a stroll around the lake, passed the children’s play area (it was covered in snow, so we didn’t stop there), we went though a few streets and back to the lake in perfect time to see the geese and ducks bathing. Joey loved looking at the geese. He was pointing to them and blah, blah-ing to them; it was adorable!! I only wish I had my camera to capture that excitement in his eyes when he saw something new!!

After the hour and a half stroll, we ended our outing in the back yard where I just let him do his thing, get dirty, play with sticks…you know boy stuff. He didn’t move too much. I think he was amazed at the grass and branches that were left on the ground from the enormous tree we have in the back yard.

Here are a few pictures of Joey on the grass for the first time…..AAHHHHH…the outside world!!

No comments: